At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
The point-of-care (POC) testing industry is changing faster than ever. At Abbott Point of Care, we’ve stayed ahead of the curve. We are a worldwide leader in fundamentally changing healthcare delivery at the point of care with solutions that are intuitive, innovative, reliable, and cost-effective for our customers.
The Integrated Supply Chain Manager partners with demand manager, Global and US Marketing/commercial, third-party manufacturers, regulatory, warehouses/Logistics, Finance, R&D, Manufacturing/engineering, Quality, Procurement, and Customer Service to balance demand and supply that improve on-time delivery, optimize operation and inventory, and reduced total costs as well as supply risks. It supports development of business unit growth opportunities as well as operational cost reduction initiatives. The position reports to Senior Director, Global Supply Chain.
Primary Job Function
Manage end-to-end global supply chain activities for assigned product lines including new product launch scenario planning, finished goods supply/demand planning, rough cut capacity planning, finished goods and raw material inventory planning. Execute global supply chain strategies in alignment with APOC business objectives. Improve the stock availability for the business growth while managing the inventory of $20 million to meet the cash flow target. Global responsibility for the new product launch supply chain readiness and measurement to reduce costs of materials and services, mitigate supply chain risk, ensure compliance to corporate purchasing policies within direct purchasing areas including full responsibility for Third Party Manufacturers (TPM day-to-day) planning/purchase.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Balance demand and supply to meet customer requirements at service level of higher than 98% and achieve business unit inventory target;
- Responsible for assigned product line inventory projection, strategy, execution and short/long term planning including raw materials, work-in-process and finished goods. Monitor and recommend modifications to manufacturing forecasts to optimize customer product supply service levels and days on hand finished goods inventory globally.
- Direct Purchasing and Sourcing operation, areas included are day-to-day supply planning for Third Party Manufacturers (TPM) including finished goods and components; lead regular meetings with the TPMs to ensure supply on time in full;
- Monitor TPM supply performance and collaborate with Strategic Procurement, Manufacturing and Quality to address any supply gaps
- Work proactively with commercial areas and TPM/operations during times of product allocation and develop contingency plans, manage communication with senior management on revenue impact as required and also manage communication between marketing/sales & manufacturing operations.
- Lead weekly production/supply scheduling meetings with plant and TPMs, adjust the detailed scheduling based on the production outputs and demand variation, review and approve plants’ detailed scheduling plan
- Responsible for the integrated business planning process with the manufacturing team, provide inputs to the executive S&OP meetings
- Lead or support global Supply Chain improvement projects and execute supply chain policies/strategies set by Global Supply Chain Senior Director
- Establish and execute new product launch supply scenarios in collaboration with Commercial, Finance, and Manufacturing
- Collaborate with Abbott affiliates globally to develop local/regional supply strategy and improve the service to paid customers.
- Support product design change and ensure supply continuity during transition
- Optimize use of MPS/MRP tools and develop appropriate tools for data analysis and metrics
- Interface with upper management including Director, VP and DVP in Operations, Sales, Marketing, Finance and R&D. Provide key financial input on decisions that will drive the strategic/tactical direction of the business unit.
- Manage 2~3 planners, including training, mentoring, goal setting and performance review