Office location: Berkeley, CA
Stillwater Sciences seeks a highly motivated geomorphologist, hydrologist, or civil and environmental engineer to serve as a member of an inter-disciplinary team working on habitat restoration planning, design, and implementation projects.
The environmental scientist will be responsible for:
- Participating in interdisciplinary teams focused on watershed assessment, habitat enhancement, instream flow analyses and water conservation planning; and sediment source identification and erosion control;
- Field data collection, analysis, and reporting of geomorphologic, hydrologic, and aquatic habitat information;
- Preparing environmental compliance documents; and
- Technical and analytical support in developing engineering designs for river and aquatic habitat restoration projects.
Qualified applicants should possess:
- MS with 3+ years of experience in fields of geomorphology, geology, hydrology, and/or civil and environmental engineering;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to organize resources, prepare and/or execute detailed work plans, analyze data and confidently interact with project team members and clients;
- Excellent technical writing skills in scientific report format, literature review summaries, and document editing;
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, GIS and CAD, R-Statistics and/or other statistical analysis and database software;
- Experience and/or willingness to learn field geomorphic mapping and surveying (e.g., robotic total station, RTK GPS, and related topographic and bathymetric survey equipment), stream gaging and sediment sampling, basic analytical methods in hydrology and hydraulics, and aquatic and riparian habitat mapping; and
- Willingness to travel and work long hours in the field (often in rural and challenging environments) or the office to meet project needs/deadlines.
Availability, Compensation and Application Details:
- Full-time position with benefits after 3 months.
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Stillwater Sciences provides a competitive compensation package including a 401(k) plan and full health and dental care.
- Please send a cover letter (including your desired salary range) with a resume and writing sample in MS Word or PDF format to: email@example.com
- Please write “Berkeley Geomorphologist or Hydrologist” in the subject line.
- Resumes without a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered.
- Resume closing date is April 21, 2017 or position will remain open until filled.
Electronic submissions preferred.