- Lead the design, development, and implementation of quality systems to measure and report metrics including internal yields, Supplier quality, scrap, cost of quality, and warranty failure.
- Supervise Quality Control Inspectors to ensure compliance to standards, setting work flow priorities, and problem resolution.
- Facilitate and maintain internal and external corrective action program and lead the closure of open actions.
- Use quality engineering tools including SPC, 6σ, AQL, and CPk to improve process reliability.
- Drive continuous improvement projects to increase productivity, eliminate scrap and reduce rework operations.
- Ensure all processes, fixtures, and equipment used in manufacturing have adequate documentation including, but not limited to test plans, functional specifications, system documentation, user guides (operation, calibration, and maintenance), component assembly drawings, BOMS and purchase specifications.
- Oversee electrical test metrics and procedures to maintain a high pass rate of instrumentation products and repairs.
- Collaborate with design and development engineers to ensure all product and system requirements are defined and documented for a controlled process implementation in production.
- Provide Quality support in Incoming Inspection, PCB Test, and MRB to support achieving world-class quality.
- Coordinate and train employees as needed in quality and statistical process control programs, including tools such as FMEA, Six Sigma, DFM, SPC, and Lean Manufacturing.
- Prepares product quality reports and metrics tracking charts by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with customers, government source inspectors, and outside auditors and lead closure of action items for areas of concern by these representatives.
- Support day-to-day Operations through sustaining quality assurance requirements, awareness, and effective problem solving.
- Perform contract review as necessary to identify quality requirements.
- Manage calibration program.
- Maintains ISO 9000 and other regulatory compliance for materials, products, and facilities audits.
Education and Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering with minimum of five years of quality assurance engineering experience.
- Experience in electromechanical production environments solving conformance related issues
- Experience maintaining ISO compliance
- Strong statistical and analytical experience with application to quality improvement
- Experience in Lean manufacturing techniques
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification or equivalent experience is a plus
- Functional experience using MRP software
- Strong knowledge and prior experience working with Federal Department of Defense (DOD)/US Navy/Military (MIL), etc., and government contracting requirements.
Skills, Knowledge and Conditions
Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access®), Microsoft Project®.
Strong understanding of Government contracting requirements, such as FAR, ITAR, etc., and demonstrated knowledge of business challenges and opportunities driven by technology and regulations unique to the Defense market.
Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and decision making skills.
Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively, and, most importantly, promote collaboration among the team by listening intently to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interruption.
Must be available to travel.
Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required.